I was looking for some nice food to try at Orchard Central and wanted something different from the Japanese food that I have all the time. Chanced upon this Vietnamese restaurant called NUOC which is located on the 12th floor, besides the Sky Garden. Decided to go for it since I have never tried Vietnamese food before.
So on a very hot Saturday afternoon, the 3 of us headed downtown to check taste this place out.
And it was a very quiet afternoon, there are like only 5 tables of patrons there and more than enough waiters to attend to your every needs. | Sit by the window and you get a nice view of the surroundings and do some people-watching at the same time too while they peer at you eating inside |
Vietnamese Coffee - wait for it to flow through the strainer, stir and drink it. There is no need to add sugar as it is already added. I took a sip only since I am not a coffee drinker and it tastes very sweet.It does smell good though.
It seems like they have dip for different dishes. This kind of like Thai chili is for the fried spring roll below.
Fried spring rolls stuffed with pork - the must try
This seems like the must try too - quite pricey $18 for 4 and you dip it into the sauce below. Verdict: Too light for our taste and no one wants to go for a 2nd helping, not worth the price. You must dip it into a lot of the sauce for it to taste nicer.
| Clams stewed in hot pot. We are really unused to this dish as the soup is Sweet like the Tong Sui type! And I tasted some sand in the clams. thumbs down for it! |
Thai styled fish with sliced mango in the sweet sour sauce at SGD25, don't feel it is worth it too
All the cutlery and plates, bowls are of the same kind, looks really exquisite to us. I think the rice tastes better when eaten from this bowl too :p
| Grilled Pork Chop with sticky rice. This is one of the recommended dish by the waiter. It's ok but nothing to shout about. |
Lastly, Warm Banana Cake. My fave of all. Sweet, warm and melts in your mouth.
The total bill for 3 is SDG$110. Pricey cause of its location and is considered something of a fine dining restaurant but we were in T-shirts and shorts when we went to it! It is a nice experience but I doubted I will ever go again if I am looking for somewhere for a nice meal.
But then there is this teatime promotion that is worth it.
For SGD 7 (or 7.95 - I forgot). You get this set of Coffee/Lotus Tea, 4 fried Spring rolls and a Slice of the Banana Cake. I would definitely go just for the Banana Cake!

2 comments:
wahh.. this blog no cincai liao la..!! LOL
The pork chop seems good!!
Expensive!!
Post a Comment