Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pepper Lunch

You will never miss the Pepper Lunch restaurant. Walk past it and you will see a plasma tv outside the store with a loud sizzling sound. As long as the store is open, the TV will display the video of a sizzling plate of steak. After all, it is known as the DIY fastfood steakhouse. Those who don't like tao-geh will be strongly turned off as you can smell it metres away from the store.

You begin by placing your order at the counter where they will deliver the food to your table when it is ready. For an extra few dollars, you get a set of a choice of salad and a drink or a soup.


After trying it out for a couple of times, I have concluded that if you are here and you can consume beef,you must go for the Hamburger Steak with Fried Egg (below). It is definitely the nicest with the juicy minced beef.


The Salmon Pepper Rice is not that nice, pretty tasteless IMHO, so don't go for it when you are there.


I had the Cut Steak with Fried Egg but it is only so-so compared to the hamburger steak, s o by all means go for that one, :).

On my first visit here, I had the Curry rice but I have forgotten whether I had it with beef or chicken. I do remember that it is very nice where you pour the curry sauce onto your food and watch and hear it sizzle. Nice and fulfilling.

No comments: