Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sentosa trip with family

So, after 2 unsuccessful attempts to go to Sentosa on 初一 and 初二, we finally made it there on 初三. The reason being was there is a whole lot of people going to Sentosa as it was the PH, but we didn't get to go to the Song of the Sea because of time constraint. Sigh!


Escaped from the island to another smaller island

and made it to the special event

where there are many themes, and my fav is
Land of Gold feat. flowers from Ireland

Japanese Garden theme

Must have the Ox on display




Pots of flowers placed together to make it look like it is planted on a slope

My maternal grandma used to plant lots of these in Brunei - which attracted a lot of bees

Blooming cactus es

Sea of daisies



The beauty of a rose in full bloom


I wished I had more time to explore the place and take more photos but my family can't wait to get away because of the heat! So, we made way to somewhere cooler, which we last went in at 1991 when yours truly was in Primary One. :)

The Underwater World
15% off if you have A UOB card, which I don't..Savings of S$17.00 = RM40.00 :(

Worms? - Very geli
Pharaoh squids - sleepy face


I swear this sting ray was smiling at me

We were just in time for Gracie's birthday celebration
(I suspect they do this few times a day)

where she was fed her birthday "greens"

Wow! Didn't know that the 财神爷 can live underwater too, I wonder if Santa Claus have the same ability *hehe*

We finished touring the whole place pretty fast, in less than an hour. It was actually quite small and my parents commented that there isn't much display. I agreed too, there is nothing much to be seen, a bit not worth the amount (but it does include entry to the Dolphin Lagoon to watch the Pink Dolphins in action - nothing spectacular). I think the emcee is pretty biased as there is a session where 2 volunteers get the chance to go into the water to mingle with the dolphins, and there was visibly many Asian children who raised their hands when prompted too, but she end up choosing 2 guai-lo kids instead. Too obvious liao la!

8 comments:

SN said...

Wow.. nice pics=)
Really improved so much dy..hehehe
Pro-status soon;)

玉=Jade said...

Hehe, thanks, still scratching head trying to figure out how to take the "Wow" photo

Jason Chen said...

so nice...got family trip...i wan also la...sigh

玉=Jade said...

You can start planning for it, speaking of which have you go take a look at the MAS Airlines promo?

Megan Q's mom said...

yaya!! very very nice photo!! agree with SN!!

yalo...so enjoy with family!!! envy!! wakakaka!

玉=Jade said...

Thank you Choi Hsia! I will work harder to do a better entry in the future. Hehe.
Really treasure the time that I have to spend with my family.

Josephine said...

I wanted tto go. But it is too expensive T__________T

玉=Jade said...

Yup, not worth the price especially after converting to RM... Now they having promotion on visiting Singapore. Must go grab it.