Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Parents

I left home in May 2008 to search for a job in the tiny republic. When I started working, I went home diligently every 3 or 4 weeks. As the months went by, the trips home became less frequent as I find it too troublesome to go all the way to KL just to stay for a night or two and travel all the way to Singapore again.

There are times when I take a closer look at my parents and noticed that they have aged. Mummy who used to sit besides us when we are doing our homework guiding us suddenly have to depend to her reading glass for reading the newspapers or just the label of a can. Dad's - whose hair is more grey than black. Is it me who is growing up or is it them who are aging faster than I thought?

It's time to start appreciate and spend more time with the people who love you more. I shall try to go back more often - once a month, I promise!



爸爸妈妈
father (and) mother

恨不得快点长大
hen bu de kuai dian zhang da
can't wait to grow up quickly

天下父母都这般期盼着我们啊
tian xia fu mu dou zhe duan qi pan zhe wo man ah
all parents on earth all have their hopes in us

我们已健康成长
wo men yi jian kang cheng zhang
we are already healthily grown up

快来祈祷父母长命百岁啊
kuai lai qi dao fu mu chang ming bai sui ah
come and pray for your parents to live a long life

* 请记得要常回家看看爸爸和妈妈
qing ji de yao chang hui jia kan kan ba ba he ma ma
remember to come home often to visit father and mother

简单的一顿饭他们也开心很久啊
jian dan de yi dun fan ta men ye kai xin hen jiu ah
a simple meal, that's all, and they'll be very happy

随便聊一些话
sui bian liao yi xie hua
just chat a little

或随意呆在家
huo sui yi dai zai jia
or spend your day at home

父母的伟大是从不要求我们报答
fu mu de wei da shi cong bu yao qiu wo men bao da *
our parents will never ask us to repay them for their greatness

生活的压力真大
sheng huo de ya li zhen da
life's pressure is really big

爸爸妈妈多苦也撑起了一个家
ba ba ma ma duo kuo ye cheng qi le yi ge jia
no matter how difficult, father and mother still supported this family

我的一点点挫败
wo de yi dian dian cuo bai
my little failures/frustrations

说历经沧桑仍微不足道啊
shuo li jing cang sang reng wei bu zu dao ah
can be said to have been through much, yet still unworthy of being mentioned

# 请给我多一点时间证明给你们看
qing gei wo duo yi dian shi jian zheng ming gei ni men kan
please give me a little more time to prove to you to see

请原谅我的能力有限再要努力啊
qing yuan liang wo de neng li you xian zai yao nu li ah
please forgive me for my limited ability (I) need to work harder

偶尔我没回家或工作到天亮
ou er wo mei hui jia huo gong zuo dao tian liang
occasionally, I may not come home or have to work till daybreak

偶尔你慰问的电话让我充满力量 #
ou er ni wei wen de dian hua rang wo chong man li liang
your occasional phonecalls asking about me fill me with strength

repeat # *


父母的伟大穷我一生也难以报答
fu mu de wei da qiong wo yi sheng ye nan yi bao da
(my) parents' greatness, I can never repay them back all my life

我们要把握时光来疼爱爸爸妈妈
wo men yao ba wo shi guang lai teng ai ba ba ma ma
we must treasure the time we have to love father and mother

source

6 comments:

SN said...

sobs

Qiau®ong said...

this blog touched my heart...
wuwu.... *crying now*
lolz

Josephine said...

T____T
I have been traveling from SG-KL , KL- SG weekly for more than 2 years!!!

玉=Jade said...

Wow, everyone is in tears. Don't cry la ^_^
SN: You are crying and winking at me at the same time la
Rong: Thanks, at least you get to stay at home...
Josephine: I really salute you le, I am to lazy and pokai to do so, can be classified as a supergirl liao.

ylkuan827 said...

good gal...^-^..don ask u out when u bac..spend ur time wif ur family ok...

玉=Jade said...

cannot, i miss my bestie very very much too le