Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fate


There is this clinic which is on the block next to mine and my roommate always go to that place. But then, maybe there is no jodoh between me and the clinic.

On my first visit there, I went at 9am and the clinic assistant say that the doctor won't be here so early, took down my details and asked to come back at 1230pm as there are 10+ people on the waiting list. So, I went back at 1230pm diligently and she told me the doctor has yet to arrive and ask me to come back at 230pm. I don't have the patience to wait and went to the clinic 4 blocks away which I just have to wait for a few patients before me.

On my second attempt to go to the near clinic, it was 10am and yet again there are 10+ people there and the doctor has yet to arrive again. I told her I don't want to wait and I left the clinic.

On my third attempt, I stepped in at 1235pm and was told by the clinic assistant that they are closing for lunch and will start operating at 230pm. Of course, I decided not to wait again.

On my fourth attempt, I stepped into the clinic at 715pm and finds only an old lady there. She said that the doctor will only come at 830pm and asked me to wait for awhile for the clinic assistant to return so that she can take down my name. So I waited diligently for 15minutes and discovered that i am no14 on the list. She asked me to go back and come back later at 830pm. So, I went home had my dinner and bathe. Then I asked my landlord about this clinic and she told me that the doctor is actually working in a hospital and some of the time he might be late as he need to do some surgery. And, I decided not to wait again. With 13 people in front of me, I probably have to wait till 10pm or later for my turn and so I went to the clinic 4 blocks away which is pretty good too if it is the lady doctor.

The ironic thing is my roommate who went to the clinic twice or thrice never have to wait like me. The doctor was always there when she went... My luck...

Been feeling weird this 2 days, and apparently it is chest pain and indigestion. Felt some pain on my chest bones just below the throat and the doctor says that it could be the bone "brushing" on each other. Doctor's advise: No spicy, sour or milk products for the next few days and don't eat before you sleep *guilty* as the acid can flow back up.

The highlight of the visit is she asked me if I need an MC (for tomorrow) and I say No. Walao eh. Me rejecting an MC, a chance to not go to work. ~ Sky fall down liao.

Meanwhile, I will feed my mind with some new knowledge. Been lazing too much for the past fee weeks and dragged myself to the library and cincai pick some books off the shelves.

1 comment:

SN said...

Take care. Don't be too stressed out