Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sizzler @ Suntec

Honestly, I came to this place thinking that it won't be that good, but I was wrong. It is better known for its salad bar buffet. If you order a main course, then the salad bar is free. I guess that a lot of people will be going for the main course combo as you only need to pay about S$10.00 or less for it. The salad bar is S$19.90 on a Saturday night.

The services is good and initially we actually want to order a set meal for ourselves but the waiter suggested that we go for 3 as it can be quite fulling (means cannot enjoy the salad bar liao). So, we went for 3 main courses + 2 salad bar = S$157.50. don't convert pls...


For starters. there is butter toast, salty and to open up your appetites

A lof of people recommend the mushroom soup here, and I think it is the better one compared to the Borsch-like soup (too many spices) and the Clam Chowder (taste is too mild). I had 2 servings of it.


We had the Rib-eye steak done medium. Juicy but not that nice. I thought that it would be nice but.. I will have to give it the thumbs down for it.

Recommended by the manager - Pork ribs (full rack). Deeply infused with the sauce (which is a turn off for some of us). It is roasted nicely, but I think the NewYork NewYork version is much better. The baked potato that comes with it is a gem, however. Nicely buttery taste and melts in your mouth. Smells heavenly too.

The dish that we all thought would be so-so turns out to be the best ~ Singapore spicy chicken. Soft tender and flavourful. This is the dish to go for when you are at Sizzler. The portion is huge and can feed 2 adults well.

I didnt take any photos of the salad bar, paiseh and not sitting in the direction that faces it. But the selection is pretty wide, there is a lot of cold pastas, salads etc. I didnt try that much as I was feeling pretty full.

Lots of canned peach too - my favourite.

Simply take a photo to show-show.

Celebrating HL birthday. I think she don't know is the celebration for her too until it is over. lol

Taiping gals

No comments: