Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cooking for the first time

Ok. Don't laugh! >< . This is my 1st attempt cooking in Singapore. It been ages since I last cooked which was at least 5 years ago...

Feeling not too well and lazy to step out of my house to go ta-pao, I decided to cook my dinner myself. Ransacked the fridge and came up with this ingredients. It was a last minute decision and I was feeling pretty hungry already, so things turned out a bit kelam-kabut.

Decided to take some photos (The orange-ish color is due to the stove's lightning) so I can blog about this "memorable" event, hehe. I am not too sure if the steps are correct or not, just did it according to the way I think it should be, keke.


The main ingredients: Udon mee, minced pork, egg and cabbage


1. Boil udon mee in a pot


2. While waiting for mee to boil, stir-fry the meat and egg


3. Once the Udon mee is cooked, transfer it to the frying pan


4. Stir-fry the mee for a while and add in the rest of the ingredients and the seasoning (I used soy-sauce).


5. My creation - (hastily but lovingly done) Fried Udon Mee


To be honest, the dish is a little tasteless. I think I did not put enough flavoring. Should have put in more soya-sauce and a pinch of salt. Thus, I added some soy-sauce later to enhance the taste. Yummy, fried mee never taste better, especially when you are very hungry.


The thing I hate about cooking is the cleaning up to do. Dishes to wash and stove surface to clean. However, I will not be discouraged by these. I am planning to cook again this week. Wahaha, found a new interest liao (partly encourage by my blogging senior, Choi Hsia). Hehe... Way to go, girl! My mom must be glad to hear this!

1 comment:

ylkuan827 said...

not bad wo..hehe..nex time cook for us ya when u come bac...:)