Monday, October 27, 2008

Tomato Stew

Happy Deepavali...

Can't really "feel" the atmosphere here as what can be felt in Malaysia. I don't even see any advertisement wishing the people "Happy Deepavali" on TV.
Just glad that I don't have to work today.


In the mood for some home-cooked food today and decided to make my favourite tomato stew. I actually called my mom to tell her I am cooking this dish and she in return called me twice to ask me on the progress. Hehe.


The ingredients


1. Chop and dice everything into small piece. It was a struggle for me to do this as the knife was getting a bit blunt so I have to exert plenty of strength to do so. Wonder why the carrot is so hard and doesn't a rabbit teeth break from biting into carrots.


2. Stir-fry the meat and the onions. Lovely aroma fills the house.


3. Throw everything into a big pot, add some water, ketchup and let it simmer for 1 hour or so.


4. Viola! Tomato stew


Decided to boil some Green Peas to go along with the dish too. Need to eat more green stuffs nowadays.


My dinner

I ended up with a big pot of the stew. That is my intention actually, to cook more and store the rest in the fridge so that I can reheat it for dinner for the next few days.

Reflections
Took me quite a long time to prepare the ingredients as I have little experience, thus doing things really slow. Also, it is not east to cook. You need to plan ahead, prepare, cook and do the cleaning after it. Really appreciate my mom who slogged for years to take good care of us and ensuring that there is a hot and nutritious meal on the table for us during mealtimes.
Thanks Mama!

What I did with the rest of the stew:
Cooked too much~ forced to eat

Viola - spaghetti

with fried rice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy!! treat fo me next time k? =D

Megan Q's mom said...

wow!! no bad ya!! hehe

but i don't like green peas..hehehe

I like the tomato so much!!

玉=Jade said...

Wakaka, sure sure no problem! Thanks for the compliments

SaSa said...

look nice...how about d taste, my dear :)
must treat me while i visit u ya~

玉=Jade said...

Sure, treat you to nice Sg food...wakaka